Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving...

It’s Thanksgiving week…

A few things I’m thankful for this year:

* The peacefulness that I have felt since the day I lost my job in January of this year…

* Putting a big check-mark next to Number 1 on my “To-do before I Die list”… (That is, my visit to Rome and Assisi, Italy.)

* The opportunity to have enough time to feel bored… so much so that I do not take “work” for granted…

* My new job… and the uncertainty of my future…

* The numerous friends with whom I am able to share my daily struggles and daily triumphs…

* My brother, Mark, calling me for no reason at all… just to chat.

* For my family… though they are not perfect, I love them – one and all.

* For the friends who inspire me.

* For the opportunity to see the Statue of Liberty for the first time… and to feel the sorrow at the sight of Ground Zero… for my freedom.

* For my life.

* For songs sung to me by sweet 3 and 5 year old Pumpkins…

For what are you thankful?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rojo said...

Oh I don't know... I just posted a blog of complaints on my site so its a good thing I meandered over to your site where things are more positive...

*My home... problematic as it may be

*Roommates of peace

*My family especially, for all the unconditional and the conditional love too

*My Jeep, sounds so corny but makes me happy every time I get behind the wheel

*My Promotion at work

* My coworkers who stand by me

* My friends who support me and every whacky idea I come up with

* My health

* The Peruvian and his kindess

* MAC and their hospitality

Yes so many things... thanks FE for remembering! And Rome was great, wasn't it!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home