Friday, November 25, 2005

Tony's Wine Warehouse...

The guy looks a little like a used car salesman, doesn't he? "Buying wine at Tony's is a little like shopping at a used car lot. Tires are kicked. Drives are tested. Bull is dispensed. The sticker price is marked up. "

Damn! It appears our buddy James is a fraud...

Take a look. (Granted, I know this is the Dallas Observer and all... but the story about the Beckmen Estate Cab Sav sounds an awful lot like the story James told us about our beloved Schlumberger.)

Thanks for the alert "Red". (He called to tell me of this during his trip to the wine store in Colorado Springs on Thanksgiving morn... and found Schlumberger for about 1/2 of what we paid at Tony's... he's going to bring some bottles back and I'll sacrifice one of my "Tony's bottles" and we'll do a comparison tasting.)

2 Comments:

Blogger rita said...

We're holding your wine hostage until you come over. :)
Hope you feel better quick.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Rojo said...

Wow... I am flabbergasted. I guess we have all been bamboozled by "Tony". Now, onto the bigger question, Where can I find a cheaper Slumberjais?

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home