Monday, February 06, 2006

Trust...

It’s interesting... this weekend, I spent an awful lot of time thinking about my “year of peace” – I guess I spent so much time thinking about it because I feel like I am on the verge of loosing it. I wanted to know what is causing this tumult in my heart – I know it’s gotta be more than the drama going on at work.

What is causing me to question God’s providence for me? It says in the good book -- Jeremiah, I think -- "For I know well the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to give you a future of hope...”

Really, it's all quite easy... why should I question it?

Trust God which -- leads to
Grace to surrender things I cannot change -- which leads to
Peacefulness and Serenity -- which leads to
Positive outlook on life -- which leads to
Greater desire to pray and do good things -- which leads to
Better, holier Felicia

For me, today, it must begin with TRUST.

6 Comments:

Blogger rita said...

Thank you for sharing that. When I look at my kiddos and how readily they trust me and their daddy to meet all their needs, it is such a lesson in faith. How much more our Heavenly Father wants to meet our needs!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Rojo said...

I have been finding the past two weeks that a daily rosary has become absolutely essential for getting me through the day. I found initially that I was full of anger and chopping off everyone's head at work. I prayed the rosary with the intention of having God do surgery in my heart to PLANT Charity there becuase there was nothing but anger. The next day I was a totally different person. Anyhow... its helped alot...

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felicia,

Drama at work is something that I have, unfortunately, become accostumed to. I do my best to just ignore it as best I can, and I pray. I pray that God use me as His instrument, that He make sincere my thoughts and actions, and that He give me the wisdom and grace to respond to the "drama" in a way which would please Him. --I, too, have no one I can really trust at work since Katie left...5 years ago. It is still hard and challenging, but my friends are the tether which keep me from floating too far off shore. :)--I'm quite certain God has placed you there to be a strong Godly presence. Please know that if you ever just want to vent, I'm only a phone call away. I'll know exactly where you are coming from.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thank you Marybeth... and thanks for listening to me vent the other evening. Like Rojo said, it was actually kinda nice that DH was a re-run.

Well... here's the latest... didn't have time to post it yesterday. "Some People" is leaving. The 24th is her last day.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Rojo said...

HOORAY! That is very exciting. "Some People" were driving me crazy, and I never even met them in person.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Rojo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home