Friday, January 13, 2006

It's all good...

So, today, January 13th is a very important day for me (well… actually it should be January 15th, but since the 15th falls on a Sunday, it’s TODAY).

Friday, January 15, 2004. I am laid off of work.
Friday, January 14, 2005. I am laid off of work.
Friday, January 13, 2006. Looks like they’re keeping me for now…

It’s all good. And I’ve learned a lot from my mid-January experiences. One day I’ll write a series of posts about being unemployed and the extreme POSITIVE effect it has had on my life. These experiences have changed my very idea of ‘work’… These experiences have been the impetus of faith and trust, even at a time when I was in the midst of turning my back on ‘my faith’.

I was absolutely shocked last year when my boss called me into his office and handed me my “pink slip” (it was actually a grey envelope). It was the LAST thing I was expecting. Anyhow, after a few moments of “We hate to do this Felicia, but…” and “please know that this has nothing to do with your performance, but…” and “I know you’re just about ready to roll out your project, but…”, I looked at my boss, smiled, and said, “You know what, Mark? It’s all good… everything’s going to be all right.” Literally, from that moment (to this very moment as I type) I have had a peace that truly surpasses all understanding. It’s a grace that I try to revel in as often as possible, cause I know it may not last forever. (But wouldn’t it be amazing if it did? And I suppose it could so long as I continue to trust.)

Today, I’ll be celebrating work… and peace… and faith.

2 Comments:

Blogger rita said...

It is all good. Thank you for sharing your special anniversary with us. I am grateful for your peace, too because when you are around, it rubs off. :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Rojo said...

You Made it! HA! The curse is broken!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home