Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Remember that you are dust...

...and unto dust you shall return.

This morning I went to mass at St. Rita's. I heard what is likely the BEST Ash Wednesday homily I've ever heard. It was all of about 7 minutes long.

After commenting on the number of people who attend mass on Ash Wednesday (which is not even a holy day of obligation), the priest asks us: "Why will you wear your ashes today? Is it because you see it as a Catholic badge of honor? If so, wash your face. If you wear them as a reminder of your sinfulness and your need for redemption, then look at them in the mirror as often as possible through out the day today.

May our Lenten sacrifices truly help each of us to grow in virtue.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rojo said...

I'm praying for special Intention #1 and #2

;)

12:18 PM  
Blogger rita said...

you know you are in my prayers (and kiddo's too)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thank you for your prayers. I'm not sure where things stand with prayer request number 1. (We talk/email sporatically -- a very different "relationship" than before.) Isn't it amazing how "that" is a deal breaker for so many Catholic guys? Doesn't seem to make much sense. Rojo... thank you for listening and praying.

Regarding intention number two... I think maybe I blew the phone interview. It was for an online marketing manager position. I came across too technical and did not focus enough (at all) on the marketing aspect. We'll see what happens. I've never been to a face-to-face interview where I was not offered a position. We'll see. I'm leaving this second intention (I guess technically, the first one too) in St. Jose' Maria Escriba's hands. :-)

5:34 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Just got a call... I've got a face-to-face interview on Friday! Please continue to pray for me...

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home